In the wake of Covid we have found that we are regularly being asked, by our candidates, whether they should look at interim roles – aka temping.
There are many benefits to temping, particularly in the current market, we have put our heads together and outlined just a few below…
- Filling the gaps in your CV – it is expected that Covid will be responsible for approximately 2.2 million people being out of work. Securing temporary work is a great way to demonstrate initiative, your proactive attitude and getting back out there.
- Stop gap – whilst temping you can absolutely look for a permanent role! Making sure to manage interviews around your lunch break.
- Growing your network – you never know where a temporary role may lead, you are building quality contacts that will be invaluable when it comes to your permanent search. You may have made such a strong impression that a company can’t bear to see you go.
- Increasing your skillset – if you are interested in widening your skills and potentially trying a new industry, temping is an invaluable insight into how different companies work.
- Flexibility – the joy of temping is the flexibility and variety, maybe you want to go travelling in the coming year? Temp roles vary in length from a few days to 6 months+. It could be the perfect opportunity to work and save in the run up to an event.
If you are looking for advice or if we can help further in regards to the next stage in your career, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org